Ticket terms and conditions
Tickets cannot be refunded. However, subject to availability, tickets may be either exchanged or accepted for resale.
Our ticket exchange and resale facility is free of charge to Festival Society and Associate Members.
For non-members, exchanges and resales are subject to a £3 handling fee per ticket in advance, regardless of whether a successful resale is achieved.
Subject to availability, tickets may be exchanged for an alternative date. To arrange this, original ticket(s) must be received by the Box Office at least 72 hours prior to the performance.
Returning tickets for resale
If your tickets have been accepted for resale by the Box Office, the original tickets must be returned before we can begin offering your tickets for resale. Please note that a resale is never guaranteed and that Glyndebourne reserves the right to sell all its own remaining tickets for that performance before returned tickets can be sold.
Reimbursement for resold tickets is made only to the original purchaser.
Customers reselling tickets are responsible for contacting the Box Office if they would like to know the status of their resale(s).
Unsold returned tickets may be withdrawn from resale at any time at the original purchaser's request and/or at the Management's discretion.
- Box Office and Customer Service sometimes receives returns from contractual obligations and other sources near the time of the performance. These returned tickets must always be sold first, before we can offer to resell any resale tickets that have been returned by individual customers.
- Tickets may not be sold on for more than face value.
- Tickets cannot be offered as prizes in competitions or in connection with any other promotion without Glyndebourne’s written consent.
- All tickets are sold subject to the right of the Management to make any alterations to the published operas, dates or casts which may be necessary owing to illness or other unavoidable causes.
- Subject to availability, concession tickets are available for Tour performances at Glyndebourne. The following groups are entitled to concession tickets: under 18s; full-time students; registered disabled (and a companion); and those in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support or Pension Credit. Tickets in the top two price categories will be available at half price. Proof of eligibility is required. Please note that only one discount may be claimed per person. Please note concession tickets are not available at the opening of public booking, for further information please visit our online Tour brochure.
- Latecomers will not be admitted to the auditorium and there will be no readmission until a suitable pause.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission to the auditorium.
- Photography, filming and sound recording of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- Bags and packages must not be taken into the auditorium.
- Mobile phones must be switched off.