This policy explains our approach to personal information collection, storage and use in connection with this Site. Please read this Policy carefully. By using the Site you will be deemed to have agreed with this Policy, so if you do not agree please do not use the Site.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use information about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation and regulations.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information about you eg your name, address, etc, unless you choose to register or contact us directly. We may collect details of any transactions you carry out and a record of any correspondence with you. You should be aware that you may be making available personally identifiable information about yourself when you submit material to be posted on the site eg such as adding comments. Please take care when doing so. We automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our site such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using etc.
- We use the personally identifiable information you provide to us when you contact us directly to respond to your specific inquiry or to administer the relevant Site activity to which it relates eg to supply information or goods you have requested. We use the personally identifiable information you provide to us when you register to provide you with the features and service(s) for which that registration was necessary, eg to keep you informed about events, news and offers that we think may be of interest to you. You will, at all times, be offered the opportunity to remove your details from our database. If you wish to do so, please contact us at email@example.com
- We may also use the information gathered via the Site for internal administration and analysis. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties without your prior consent.
- We will never collect sensitive non-personally identifiable information, e.g. relating to personal matters such as health, about you without your explicit consent.
- We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised access to information that we collect online. Please be aware that it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, e.g. in response to legal process or when we believe that in good faith that the law requires it, such as in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency’s request.
- Our Site contains links to other sites whose information practice may be different than ours. You should consult the other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. Also, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others.
Some of the information may be personal information about you, and we outline in more detail below what we use this information for and why we collect it. This is collected by using a cookie file which will be stored on the hard drive of your computer.
We may also obtain non-personally identifiable information about your general internet usage by using cookie files.
We also use suppliers to improve our website which may also set cookies. A list of these suppliers and why we use them, along with links to their respective privacy policies are available on this page under the heading Third-Party cookies.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more effectively. At the same time they provide information to the owners of thee website about your usage of their website.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who the user is. For example, they enable us to personalise the website by storing information about your preferences and help us to estimate usage of the website. You may refuse to accept cookies by deactivating them on your browser, for more detail on how to do this visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Cookies set by us
The Glyndebourne website sets cookies to allow our website to function and for us to let you log-in and purchase tickets and items from the shop. These ‘first-party’ cookies all expire when you close your browser.
This session cookie (which starts with SESS…) allows us to know you are the same person when you move from one page to the next, for both users who are logged in and also for some users who have not logged-in.
When you log-in, we store a greeting (usually your name) so that you know you are logged in as the right person when you continue to browse around the website or continue onwards to purchase tickets or items from our shop.
Ticket Expiration (_ticket_expiration_time)
When you add tickets or products to your basket, we set a cookie on your machine to ensure that we are able to correctly let you know when your basket will expire and your tickets will stop being reserved for you.
Basket Status (_basketnotempty)
When you add tickets to your basket, we set a cookie that logs that you have items in your basket and helps us to display the correct basket status to you when you then continue to browse around the website.
Membership Status (GBUL)
When you log-in, this cookie stores information that helps to show the correct page for your membership in periods of high demand. It expires when you close your web browser.
We use suppliers who also set cookies on behalf of our website to provide certain features on the website and help us to review how our customers usage of the website, details of which we have included below along with links to their respective privacy policies which will detail how these suppliers use data they collect in more detail.
We use Google Analytics to determine how popular parts of our website are, to determine if you have been to the website before, and to securely and anonymously record the value of any purchases you make on our website. Google analytics sets cookies which will stay active for a number of years and identify on your computer that you have visited our website.
These cookies can be identified by their prefix of __u…. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you visit by installing a browser plugin at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
We use Vimeo for providing video trailers, opera clips and other videos across the website and within our Discover section. Vimeo sets cookies in videos that we embed. Vimeo sets cookies which may stay active for a number of years.
We use PostcodeAnywhere to pre-fill your address information when you enter your postal code when making purchases from our website. PostcodeAnywhere sets cookies to remember your address and to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics.
We use LiveHelpNow to provide the Live Chat service on pages on our site. They set cookies to record the question you ask. Cookies they set expire when you close your browser.
Accepting or declining Cookies set by us
Please be aware that if you do not accept Cookies you may not be able to use all aspects of our website, for example, to book tickets. In these circumstances, should you still wish to book tickets then please do call us on +44(0)1273 812321 and we will be happy to assist you over the telephone instead of via our website.
Lastly, please note that this policy does not cover any third party links contained within our website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those third parties when you link through to visit their website.
Contact details and updates
This information was correct at the time of writing (May 2012). We aim to keep this information as up-to-date as possible, but the cookies being set by some of our third-party suppliers may change over time without us noticing, so please review the respective privacy policies set out above.
If you want to contact us at any time in relation to this policy please do so at the following address:
Glyndebourne Enterprises Limited
Telephone Number: +44(0)1273 812321
© Glyndebourne Productions Limited, 2012