How to get here
Glyndebourne is situated in southern England in the county of East Sussex, four miles from the county town of Lewes.
Postcode: BN8 5UU
Getting to Glyndebourne
Glyndebourne offer a return coach service from Lewes Train Station to Glyndebourne free of charge when booked at least 24 hours prior to the performance date.
- Coach tickets must be booked online by logging into the website with the same account details as those used to purchase tickets to the performance on the same date
- All coach reservations are valid for return travel but may be used for a single journey
- You will be allocated the same number of coach places as the number of tickets you have purchased for the performance. There is no need to contact us if you require fewer places on the coach.
- If no reservation has been made, or you are unable to provide proof of reservation, a charge of £5.00 will be payable on boarding the coach.
Lift share scheme
East Sussex's Travel & Transport Information website includes information about lift sharing in the East Sussex area.
The nearest station is Lewes. All Glyndebourne performances finish in time for audiences to return to London by train.
There is a free coach during the Festival that runs to and from Lewes Train Station to meet the designated London train – and is available for all of our visitors not just those arriving by train.
To take advantage of this service, please refer to the Schedule of Performances for the exact train time. Coach tickets must be booked by the ticket purchaser via our online coach booking system at least 24 hours in advance of a performance. If no reservation has been made, or you are unable to provide proof of reservation, a charge of £5.00 will be payable on boarding the coach.
There are excellent rail connections from London Victoria (journey time just over an hour) and across the South East. Check with National Rail Enquiries for the latest service information or phone 08457 484 950.
From London by road
Glyndebourne is 54 miles south of London. You will need to leave at least two and a half hours from crossing the Thames to arrival at Glyndebourne.
- Take the M23 towards Brighton then the A27 towards Lewes.
- To avoid Lewes town centre pass over the first roundabout and at the second roundabout turn onto the A26 Tunbridge Wells road.
- Just after leaving Lewes fork right onto the B2192, and take the next right turn before Ringmer village, signposted to Glyndebourne.
Parking and Electric cars
Car parking is free. We can re-charge electric cars during a performance, please contact Box Office to arrange this in advance. Please contact Box Office and Customer Service to arrange this in advance.
The nearest international airport to Glyndebourne is London Gatwick. There are direct train connections to Lewes from the airport terminal. Visit National Rail Enquiries for full service details.
Where to stay
Visit our where to stay listings to find local hotel listings. Lewes Tourist Information Centre, 187 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex +44 (0)1273 483 448 also publishes a list of accommodation at www.visitsussex.org