Glyndebourne Tour – Art Competition 2014
Tour art competition 2013 winner Entdecken by Jeremy Harnell
Glyndebourne is looking for a new artist to design the front cover of its Tour Programme book. Our new art competition, launched last year, welcomes entries from artists under 30. Closing date for all entries is 18 July 2014 .
- Front cover of the Glyndebourne Tour Programme - 10,000 copies
- Art exhibition at Glyndebourne and participating galleries
- Opportunity to raise your profile nationally.
This year the Glyndebourne Tour will take three operas on the road, visiting participating venues from October-December 2014. Since it began in 1968 the Tour has championed emerging talent and been driven by a quest to broaden opera audiences across the country. It is hoped that our cover competition will enhance these goals by celebrating the work of young artists.
Be inspired by our repertoire
All submitted artwork* should take one of our touring operas – La traviata as inspiration.
*All entrants must be aged above 16 and under 30 on 18 July 2014
Accepted media: Paintings, drawings, original prints, mixed media, photography, digital (no video or sculpture). All artwork must be designed to hang on a wall and work on two levels – as printed artwork on our programme front cover and as an exhibition piece.
Raise your profile: The competition winner will have press coverage and the opportunity to raise their profile nationally. The Tour programme is the sister publication of the Glyndebourne Festival Programme which is well known for its front covers: recent cover artists include Michael Craig-Martin, John Stezaker, Grayson Perry, David Hockney, Fiona Rae, Chris Ofili, Peter Doig, Cragie Aitchison and Anish Kapoor.
Are you under 30 and interested in opera? Join our Under 30s programme, Glyndebourne<30, and take advantage of £30 tickets to the Festival and Tour, discounts for concerts, dining and more... glyndebourne.com/under30
Glyndebourne Tour 2014
The Glyndebourne Tour is supported by Arts Council England. Tour 2014 is sponsored by the Daily Mail.
1. Only one piece of art per applicant can be submitted.
2. All submitted work must be the property of the artist entering the competition.
3. The winning cover art will remain the property of the artist and is exclusively licensed to Glyndebourne for use in perpetuity in all forms and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented in all territories throughout the world for any activity related to the Glyndebourne Tour.
4. The deadline for submitted work is by 11.59pm on Friday 18 July 2014 .
5. All work submitted must be available for sale, for exhibition, available for advertising and online postings across Glyndebourne’s channels (e.g. website, email, social media).
6. The winning artist must be available for at least two press interviews following the judging process.
7. The artist must be aged over 16 and under 30 years of age on 18 July 2014 .
First place: Jeremy Harnell
Second place: Tess Redburn
Third place: Dorian Schwartz