Head of Marketing (Maternity Cover)
12 month contract from November 2017
We are looking for a senior marketer with significant experience of creating and delivering successful sales – driven campaigns and of managing a high performing, in-house marketing team.
This role sits within an integrated communications department and works closely with our membership and box office teams, so a collaborative approach is essential.
An understanding of opera and classical music and experience of managing media agencies would be an advantage.
Key priorities over this period include responsibility for managing delivery of our inaugural International Singing Competition in March 2018 and the 2018 Glyndebourne Festival campaigns; management of the relationship with our media agency; full implementation of marketing consent process as per GDPR requirements; creation of a marketing campaign for the 2019 Glyndebourne Festival and leadership of the marketing team working across a range of other projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Business Planning & Sales Delivery
- Agree and set sales targets across Glyndebourne for the International Singing Competition, Festival, Tour, Cinema, Retail (both Shop onsite and online), Education and Concerts
- Define and deliver an integrated sales & marketing strategy & campaign to ensure sales targets are achieved or exceeded, to include digital marketing opportunities across the Company
- Commission a range of content (internally and externally) to support a range of business, brand and audience objectives
- Use audience insight data to inform commercial decision making.
- Define and implement audience development strategies, informed by audience insight data, to include a strategic approach to audience segmentation and maximisation of the life-time value of audiences
- Work with colleagues in Membership Department to define and deliver communication strategies for acquisition of new members, including Associate Members, Tour Supporters and Under 30’s
- Identify and develop opportunities for reaching new audiences to Glyndebourne in new regions, markets and growth areas.
- Develop and manage relationships with key brand, venue, distribution and media partners to deliver range of commercial, sales, marketing and other benefits to Glyndebourne
- Develop contacts, networks and business relationships to grow new potential commercial partners for Glyndebourne
- Manage the work of the Marketing Manager, Audience Insight Manager and Marketing Coordinator
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues in particular in Box Office, Media, Digital Media, Publications, Education, the Shop and Development.
- Lead on the development and communication of the Glyndebourne brand to maintain a strong and consistent visual identity, external profile and reputation
- Support the Director of Communications with the internal communications strategy and implementation.
Management and Reporting
- Provide regular reporting and evaluation on sales activity, results and trends
- Maximise the Communications team’s use of the CRM system, Tessitura, to ensure that all sales & marketing initiatives can be effectively monitored, evaluated and reported
- Lead implementation of marketing consents for GDPR & relevant data protection changes in legislation
- Develop the use of web based technologies to support all relevant activities
- Play an active role in the Communications team and contribute to department meetings
- Work within the agreed budgets.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong sales and commercial delivery skills with proven experience of devising and implementing successful sales & marketing campaigns
- Proven experience of implementing effective audience development campaigns across multiple channels
- Fluency in digital marketing
- Previous experience in managing external media agencies
- Previous staff leadership experience
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience of using insight data
- Excellent and proven relationship management skills with the ability to negotiate and manage partner relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including copywriting
- Excellent project management skills with good attention to detail
- An interest in the Arts including Opera
Salary & Benefits
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
The contractual hours of work are 35 per week however you may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
We offer 5.6 weeks holiday per year including bank holidays
We have excellent on site catering facilities, offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 15 September 2017 with interviews to be held w/c 25 September
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer